Wednesday, October 15, 2014

a kitchen meltdown

I haven't posted on this little blog of mine since July...JULY!! Man, I am such a bad blogger. To say I've been busy would be an absolute understatement. I could list out all the things that keep me busy but suffice it to say that at the end of a long and tiring week I have a jam packed weekend to look forward to. This has been the pattern since the beginning of the school year.

This past Saturday night (at almost midnight mind you) I stood in my kitchen with glazed eyes looking at an impossible to-do list and it hit me. I just felt so overwhelmed. Out of nowhere my mind decided it had had enough of the craziness. I tried to cry but I couldn't. I think I was even too tired to do that. I could just feel it welling up to boiling point. My husband walked in at about this time announcing that he's going to bed to which I replied with...actually I don't even remember what I said but I do remember ranting about being too busy and I admitted to him that I was so frustrated that I wanted to use the 'F' word. Yes, it was that bad. (Just so you know, I highly dislike the 'F' word, so this proves the level of my insanity in that moment.)

Have you ever had a midnight kitchen meltdown? I kinda hope so because that would make me feel much better about mine. My poor husband. He had that look of "Oh man, I'm not getting to bed anytime soon am I?" Ha! And he would be right!

He asked how he could help me not feel so overwhelmed and he then proceeded to help me with all my projects that needed to be done. Wow. What a guy! (I do think he felt somewhat responsible for my business but that's another post!). He certainly has a way of calming me down. I tell you this little story so you, dear reader, will know that you're not alone in the craziness of life. It's hard to juggle everything and do it well, all while keeping your sanity in tact.

Thank God for His grace and strength. I had my sweet neighbor (and friend) ask me the other day how I do all that I do with work and kids and volunteering. I said without hesitation, "The grace of God!".

No comments:

Post a Comment